We have established this environmental policy to be consistent with the purpose and context of our Organization. It provides a framework for the setting and review of environmental objectives in addition to our commitment towards the following:
- Protect the environment, including the prevention of pollution
- To minimize its impact to the environment through responsible management
- To reduce the introduction of pollutants to the environment through operations
- To ensure competency of all employees, contractors and associates through training, awareness, and communication
- Conform to applicable legislative, regulatory and compliance obligations
- Continually improve our environmental management system and to enhance environmental performance
- To meeting all relevant legislation relating to the environment and meeting the requirements of ISO14001:2015
At Ampco, we are committed to conducting our business in a manner designed to protect the environment. To that end we continually endeavour to reduce our impact on the environment by looking for new ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle, thereby leaving the smallest environmental footprint possible and providing our customers with green printing solutions.
Our green initiatives include:
- Biodegradable, recyclable and/or organic material options for indoor & outdoor banners, billboards, displays, wall coverings and tradeshows.
- Print on demand capabilities to produce the exact volumes required, eliminating over-runs.
- Offsetting CO2 emissions produced by company vehicles through PlanetAir.
- Using high-end 1micron Stencil Bay Filters to prevent any excess debris from going into the drainage system.
- We pride ourselves in recycling wherever possible, furthermore, we have partnered with Shred-It to implement a paper recycling program. In 2015 Ampco saved 53.96 trees from destruction, through recycling our shredded paper with Shred-It.
- Salvaging wastewater by carrying out daily pH Testing: All the wastewater used to clean and re-use screens for screen printing is monitored for its pH level and adjusted to an accepted level by adding sodium bicarbonate when necessary.
- Screen Reclamation-Sericol: The Extend Screen Recovery System has greatly reduced the amount of toxic chemicals for “drain safe” wastewater.
- Lacquer Thinner Omission: Lacquer thinner is no longer used in production. Use of a screen wash was made as a green substitute for better air quality.
- Ink Waste Management: We minimize the amount of waste ink/solvents from screen printing and digital presses. Such ink waste is handled by Tri-Arrow, a company specialized in waste management and operates a Licensed Hazardous Waste Facility.
- Aluminum Scrap, collected for recycling.
- Wooden Pallets, converted into wood chips for use in landscaping and various other uses.
- Waste Paper, collected for recycling.
- Waste Cardboard, collected for recycling.
- Waste Reduction, by eliminating paper cups at drinking fountains and plastic cutlery in our lunch room as well as switching to paper towel roll dispensers and foam dispensers in our washrooms.